Why study at Sahmyook?
- You can study in small classes where your instructor gets to know who you are and how to help you
- Our program teaches all aspects of Korean, from reading, writing, and grammar, to listening and specking skills, to get you ready for college in Korea.
- There are many opportunities to travel around Korea; you are in Seoul!
- Our instructors are highly educated and experienced in teaching Korean as a second language.
Korean Language School
We welcome students from all cultures and backgrounds, whether you are a beginner or almost fluent in Korean. Sahmyook University offers Korean Language program for students who do not speck Korean as a first Language. The program helps students improve their Korean through coursework, cultural trips, and many different activities. The program also teaches students about fitting into Korean culture and helps them adjust quickly and smoothly. When students successfully complete the program, they will be ready to transition into regular university classes.
Yearly Academic Schedule
(6weeks and 3 days)
For detailed school dates and registration dates, please contact us.
|3||11:00~11:50||Functional Studies: Listening, Specking, Writing, and Reading comprehension|
|1||Beginner||Able to generate sentences using 800-word basic vocabulary and beginner grammar.|
|2||Able to use 1,500~2,000 vocabulary to understand and express paragraphs involving private and friendly topics.|
|3||Intermediate||Have no difficulty in language functions needed in living an everyday life.|
|4||Able to fluently understand and express social and abstract themes|
|5||Advanced||Able to express language functions needed in research and work in fields of expertise to a certain extent.|
|6||Able to fluently and perfectly express language functions needed in research and work in fields of expertise.|
|1 term||2 months||1,000,000KRW||100,000KRW
|2 terms||4 months||2,000,000KRW|
|3 terms||6 months||3,000,000KRW|
|4 terms||8 months||4,000,000KRW|
|5 terms||10 months||5,000,000KRW|
|6 terms||12 months||6,000,000KRW|
Minimum of 3 terms of registration is required for D-4-1 visa.
|Name of Bank||WOORI BANK, Sampung branch|
|Account Holder||SAHMYOOK UNIVERSITY|
- 1. Performance Scholarship
- 2. Perfect Attendance Reward
|50,000KRW||Attendance rate of 100%|
|Period||3 Months||6 Months||1 Year|
|Numbers of Meals||60||120||180||240|
|Price per meal||4,000KRW||3,800KRW||3,600KRW||3,600KRW|
Choose meal plan from 60 meals~ 240 meals.
On summer and winter seasons only breakfast and supper are provided.
How to apply
- Required Documents
- Application Form
- Passport Size Photo X1
- Photo copy of student’s passport
- Self-Introduction and Study Plan
- School Diploma
- Academic Record
- Bank Deposit Certificate : for 6month- $10,000 for 1year- $20,000
- Apostille Certified, or B) for China 中国⾼等教育学历认证报告, or C) Korean Embassy Certified
- Prepare documents
- Mail them to Sahmyook University
Korean Language School
- Evaluate documents
- Issue Certificate of admission
- Request students for tuition payment
- Issue enrollment certificate and tuition receipt
- Send document back to student for visa application
- Take the document to Korean Embassy for visa application
- Get ready to fly (Please inform us of your flight information for airport pick-up)