Department of Art & Design
Who we are
The Department of Art and Design aims to become a global leader in contemporary art and design and ride the Korean wave towards an era of digital economy, artificial intelligence, SNS, and convergence technologies. In converging polar opposites of art and science, the program endeavors to meet the demand for creative art and design.
The department trains artists and designers with a futuristic global sensibility based on intelligence and theory, sublime sensitivity and creativity. All this is founded on the holistic education model of SU. To this end, the program boasts faculty from US, France, Japan, Australia, etc. with international experience and practical knowledge. Also, the program offers international arts and education exchanges, advanced educational facilities and equipment, academia-government-industry collaborative projects in strategies for employment/start-up/and employment, fusion and capstone design system, and permanent art and design exhibitions. More importantly, we are a welcoming department with enthusiasm and love for the students.
As a convergence program, Arts and Design studies cultivates multidisciplinary professionals versed in communication and art contents. This allows students to a wider range of career options.
To converge contemporary creativity with high-tech design.
- •To promote a holistic character building education, high intellectual integrity, and, emotional sensitivity, and creativity
- •To fostering future-oriented global artists and designers
- •To provide international art and education exchange opportunities with US, France, and Japan
- •To provide academia-government-industry strategic projects for employment
- •To build fusion cap stone design system
- •To specialize in art wellness platforms for art and design for community and marginalized groups
- •To cultivate media convergence professionals for industrialization of advanced art and design
- •To implement healing art and design classroom to educate with love and happiness
What we are looking for:
- •Students with the potential of becoming an emotional designer who can create cultural value with humanism and service
- •Students with the potential of becoming creative convergence designers who create new value and solve problems
- •Students with the potential to become global designers with a global sense and challenging spirit
What we want you to become:
- •Professionals who can create cultural value with a heart of humanism and service.
- •Creative fusion designers who create new values and are able to problem-solving
- •Global designers with a global sensibility and a can-do-spirit
What we want you to become:
Art director, visual designer (3D, robot, video, floor advertising, game, computer graphic, identity, web, mobile web UX, UI, character, art culture product, newspaper, magazine editing, photo, packet cage, illustrator, outdoors (PD, CG room, cultural reporter, etc.), cartoonist, exhibition planner, curator, art museum (advertisement, POP, VMD, service, environment, space etc. · Museum curator and operation, art brand · trend planner, art critic, cultural project planning and operation, self publisher, arts education teacher, art psychotherapist, art teacher, show business, art appreciation and auction expert, merchandiser, stylist, artist, painter, craftsman, and graduate school advancement.