Department of Early Childhood Education
Ability to establish
- •Major Theory: Mental Health, Early Childhood Teacher Education, Early Childhood Educational Institution Management, Child Health and Safety, Christian Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Education Multimedia, Child Observation and Behavior Research, Early Childhood Multicultural Education
- •Practice and Teaching Practicum: Curriculum Education, Korean Music, School Field Practicum, Educational Service II, Christian Early Childhood Education, Multicultural Education
- •Teaching Theory: Educational Society, Educational Administration and Education Management
Ability to understand the field
- •Major Theory: Infant Program Development and Evaluation, Early Childhood Logic and Essay
- •Practice and Teaching Practicum: Research and teaching of textbooks, Early childhood mathematics education, Early childhood science education, Early childhood play instruction, Methodology of teaching young children, Practice teaching, Volunteer activity I, Early childhood movement education, Early childhood social education,
- •Teaching Theory: Educational Psychology, Prevention and Countermeasures of School Violence, Curriculum and Educational Evaluation
Ability to teach and practice
- •Major Theory: Child life guidance, Early childhood education, Early childhood development, Parent education, Forest ecology early childhood education
- •Practice and Teaching Practicum: Early Childhood Art Education, Early Childhood Language Education
- •Teaching Theory: Introduction to Special Education, Introduction to Education, Educational Philosophy and History of Education
Foundation of discipline
- •Major Theory: Child Welfare, Early Childhood Education, Infant Development
- •Practice and Teaching Practicum: Early Childhood Music Education, Instrumental Music I, II
The Department of Early Childhood Education at SU aims to educate competent teachers who truly love children. The mission is to improve and contribute to the quality of early childhood education by fully understanding early childhood development and bringing out the hidden potential of every child. To this end, curriculum is designed so that students may experience and explore first-hand the ramifications of the childhood education theories. The following are the 4 areas of learning offered at the department. Teacher Education – aimed at enhancing understanding of what it means to be a teacher. Early Childhood Development – aimed at understanding holistic development of children and ways to educate children at different developmental levels. Early Childhood Pedagogy – aimed at improving the art of teaching on different areas of learning. Various Subject Matters – aimed at learning about various subject matters taught to children. In addition, in order to enhance the teaching and guidance skills of pre-service teachers, we take our classes (Early Childhood Instruction, Educational Service, Education Practicum, etc.) out to the field where students can experience first-hand how to deal with children and apply theory to practice. As non-formal subjects, the department offers specialization programs (strengthening job competitiveness through reflective thinking, improving pedagogy, and enhancing teaching ability for pre-service teachers). The department has implemented the self-growth report into the program to encourage students to take charge of their own future and make the department more competitive.
Through holistic and creative early childhood education, the mission is to improve and contribute to the quality of early childhood education by fully understanding early childhood development and bringing out the hidden potential of every child.
- •We educate warmhearted teachers with a sense of responsibility and vocation towards the happiness of children.
- •We educate professional teachers in the field of childhood development, social environments, creativity, and problem solving ability.
- •We help teachers fully understand the needs of children and prepare them with practical skills
What we are looking for
- •Students who know the value of service, feel a sense of responsibility towards the happiness of children, and have a sense of calling as a teacher
- •Students with excellent academics capacity to acquire knowledge and skills on childhood development and their social environment
- •Students with the ability to communicate their thoughts in a persuasive, logical manner
- •Students who have creativity and problem-solving abilities to cope with rapidly changing times
Today early childhood education and care is in high demand, ensuring ample employment opportunities. You can work in educational research institutes, research institutes for child counseling, and companies related to early childhood education, or you can go to graduate schools for further academic research.
- •Early childhood education institutions (kindergarten, daycare center)
- •Child Counseling and Research Center
- •Early Childhood Education
Kindergarten teacher (grade 2), childcare teacher (grade 2) certificate